“I am not the rule. I am the exception. I am infamy. I am Richard. But more than that - I’m the Godmodder. Now, who the hell are you?”
—The Godmodder, Infamy
Infamy is a series of cutscenes created by TwinBuilder that serve as supplementary material to the Destroy the Godmodder series, particularly Destroy the Godmodder and Destroy the Godmodder 2. It describes events that happened on every December 7th of the series, from 2012 to 2016. As such, there are five chapters, one for each year. TwinBuilder created it on December 7th, 2016 to commemorate the series' fourth anniversary. The theme of the story was about remembering one's past, and how various people react towards their past. It started on December 7th, 2016 and ended on December 28th, 2016 (page 1,338 of the game).
Though its first three chapters take place during DTG1 and DTG2, Infamy's final two chapters take place afterwards - one some time before the epilogue, and the other some time after it. As such, Infamy marks the fourth major installment in DTG2's postcanon, coming after the Pinary ARG, 7x7, and the DTG2 epilogue. Infamy's final chapter directly sets up the events of Masonquest, another postcanon story made concurrently to and directly after Infamy.
List of Chapters Edit
Infamy is split up into six cutscenes.
- Cutscene 1 - Immortal Words (Page 1,338)
- "And in these initial moments of charisma, TT2000 saw the path before him clearly. And so he typed the immortal words."
- Cutscene 2 - Hands of the Clock (Page 1,338)
- "If there was one thing the Godmodder had learned in his time spent throughout the universe of Minecraft, it was to trust in numbers and dates."
- Cutscene 3 - Light Metachronistic (Page 1,338)
- "Let tessellations reign at last. Let us recall the recent past."
- Cutscene 4 - Coalescence (Page 1,338)
- "...[He] spat with rage that he would not stop until every other godmodder was dead. It was a pact sealed in blood, and the heat of the forge."
- Cutscene 5 - Metal Rain (Page 1,338)
- "Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."
- Cutscene 6 - Remembering (Page 1,338)
- "The future may not be certain, but the past is. (Unless you're in, like, some Orwellian future. In which case, good luck.)"